Wednesday, May 15, 2013
BBQ Pork On A Sweet Potato
I've been seeing similar meals floating around Pinterest for a while now but when I saw it on How Now Brown Cow last week, I just knew I needed to make this my dinner. Y'all...it was sooo good!
BBQ Pulled Pork on a Sweet Potato
* BBQ pulled pork (I bought it pre-made but of course your favorite recipe is even better)
* Giant sweet potato
* Sour cream of choice
* Spinach (or broccoli would be good too)
* Bake your potato as you see fit. I wash, cut spots, prick with a fork, and pop in the microwave. But if you are an oven potato baker...knock your socks off.
* Heat pork up.
* Steam veggies. Again...I used the microwave. This is great for leftovers!
* Top your split potato with pork, sour cream, and veggies. I didn't use butter but of course, you certainly could.
* It's as easy as can be and very filling! The potato and pork worked really well together. It was a great alternative to a sandwich bun and french fries.