That's what I'm calling it because that is the most perfect description. It's truly just really really good. And simple. I mean, have I ever given you a non-simple recipe? Exactly.
First you need to forget to put the pork in the crockpot in the morning before you leave the house.
Easy enough for a busy girl on the go, right?
Then come home mid-afternoon and realize your mistake. Stare at the meat just sitting there in the 'fridge for a few moments to will it to cook itself or go back in time magically.
Then set to fixing your mistake with more practical methods. And rejoice at the results. Did I mention this meat is really good? It's like buttah in your mouth!
* Pork Loin
* A few handfuls of baby carrots
* The only two stalks of celery that survived you being out of town for a week, chopped small
* 1 large onion, sliced however you fancy
* Several potatoes, cubed
* Salt and Pepper to taste
* Add a few tablespoons EVOO to a pan and get it screamin' hot.
* Chop up your veggies and toss them in the crockpot that has been turned on high.
* Add pork loin to EVOO pan when it's good and hot and don't touch it. Let it sear on one side. Meanwhile, add salt and pepper to the face-up side of the meat.
* Rotate meat every four or so minutes, as each side gets nicely browned with a little crust. Remember, when you rotate, don't touch it or move it. Let the pan do the work for you. Just stand there lookin' purty. And season the face up sides.
* When all sides of the meat are seasoned and seared, place meat on top of veggies in crockpot.
* As RP says, set it and forget it. On high for at least four hours.
* Serve with rice and veggies or salad.