Thursday, October 11, 2012
My Favorite Way To Cook A Pork Loin
I have never met a pig product I didn't love at first bite. Seriously...I love me some pork.
Obviously bacon makes everything better. But a pork loin can be a magical piece of meat too. So easy and versatile.
My favorite way to cook a loin is in my cast iron pot.
Best Pork Loin
* pork loin
* 2 medium onions, sliced thin
* 3 tbls soy sauce
* 1 tsp minced garlic
* Salt and Pepper
* 1 tsp honey (optional)
* Add some EVOO to pot and heat up to high. Add sliced onions. Turn head down a bit to med-high. Saute until translucent.
* Remove onions. Set aside.
* Lay pork out on several paper towels. Dry well.
* Add salt and pepper liberally to season on both sides of pork.
* Add a bit more EVOO to pan- just enough to coat- no more than 1 or 2 tbls.
* Add pork. DON'T TOUCH.
* Allow meat to sear for a few minutes. Then rotate meat to sear on all sides.
* Once seared, turn heat down to a bit lower than medium. Add the onions back in the pot as well as the soy sauce. Put the lid on and let it cook through.
* Just before finished, add garlic and honey. Cook for a few more minutes and then remove meat to let rest for a few minutes.