True story: I've never met a pork product I didn't love.
I could live without chicken. I do live without beef. But pork and fish...oh honey...lurve!
This is a super simple recipe. And the flavors are very mild- not strong at all. Just right any time of year. I served this pork over a bed of brown rice with either a veggie or a salad.
Pineapple Soy Pork Chops
* 4 pork chops (I used boneless)
* 4 tbls soy sauce
* 1 tsp minced garlic
* 2 small cans of pineapple, juice separated
* 1 tbls butter
* 1/2 cup water
* salt and pepper to taste
* Make marinade: Combine juice from one can of pineapple, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper and a few chunks of pineapple. Place pork chops in here and back in fridge to marinate for a few hours or up to one day.
* Bake marinated meat in the marinade at 350 for 20-30 mins, or until fully cooked in center.
* While baking, make sauce: Combine juice from second can of pineapple, water, and butter. Simmer on med until it reduces to a thick syrup.
* To serve, top pork chop with 1 tbls of the sauce.
See...so easy! But great fresh flavors. Perfect for a summer evening!