Friday, March 8, 2013
Recipe: Mango Sorbet
This is one of my favorite treats. So easy. So flexible. And so delicious.
I call it mango sorbet but I am not sure if that's accurate as I often add dairy. Sometimes I add coconut milk/cream, depending on what I have on had at any given moment. But either way, it's probably not a true sorbet.
* 1 bag frozen mango chunks (any fruit will work)
* 1/2 cup sour cream, yogurt, or coconut cream (I used fat free sour cream here)
* sugar to taste (I used vanilla bean sugar) (other sweeteners will work but I am not a fan of the flavor so I can't speak to it specifically) (sometimes I add half a frozen banana instead of sugar but it obviously changes the flavor to mango banana instead of pure mango)
* Add mango and sour cream into food processor. Whiz until it turns creamy.
* Taste to decide how much sweetener to add. Frozen fruit can vary in sweetness. Sometimes I add nothing and others I need to add a few tablespoons. Whiz to combine well.
* Serve immediately or keep in freezer. If you keep it in the freezer, let it warm up a bit on the counter before you serve it as it will harden in the freezer.