I've mentioned a few times that I love to make freezer meals. Prep once and eat many times. I love using a burst of energy to my advantage on all of my
A favorite is having a bag of breakfast burritos ready to go in the freezer. I honestly don't eat them very often for breakfast though. They usually become a breakfast-for-dinner kind of thing. And they normally have veggies in them like peppers and spinach. But the day I made this batch and took photos, I didn't include veggies for some odd reason. But trust me, they are better (and of course healthier) if you toss in some veg. Regardless, they are an easy and tasty go-to meal for any time of the day. And a perfect single girl dinner.
* tortillas of choice
* scrambled eggs
* veggies- cooked or frozen is fine
* cooked meat of choice (bacon, ham, sausage)
* Lay a tortilla flat on counter. Add about 1 tsp of cheese, a few tbls of scrambled eggs, and a bit of meat (in this case, 2/3 slice of turkey bacon). Add any veggies you have handy.
* Fold up bottom of tortilla. Fold in sides.
* Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap. Freeze wrapped burritos in freezer zip top baggie.
To eat a frozen burrito, simply unwrap the plastic wrap. Place burrito on a damp paper towel (wet in sink and then wring nearly dry) and loosely wrap around tortilla. Microwave in 30 second increments until you figure out how long it takes (for my microwave it takes about one minute). Enjoy!