So the night my camera died, this is what I was photographing. (Note that these photos were taken on my blackberry and are super crappy...because the camera died.) Nothing earth shattering but I thought some of y'all would be interested.
After Thanksgiving, I had leftover mashed potatoes. I love leftovers. For two days tops. And that second leftover day is pushing it for me. I try to come up with new recipes but sometimes those attempts are less successful than others. This one is sure to be a repeat! Now if I can just try to remember what I did... And I am not using measurements because we all end up with different amounts of leftovers. Use your best judgement.
Mashed Potato Shrimp Cakes
* Mashed potatoes (mine almost always have copious amounts of garlic in them)
* flour (I used gf of course)
* seasonings (such as garlic or onion powder, parsley, Old Bay, salt, pepper, whateveryouhave)
* 1 can of baby shrimp, drained well
* Mix it all together. Taste for seasoning. Need more? Add more. Be sure to add enough flour to create a texture that will hold a patty shape.
* Saute in EVOO until browned on both sides. Everything is cooked so you are really just heating and giving it a nice flavor and crispy outside.
Hello easy and mmmm good! This would work just as well with a can of crab meat or leftover turkey or ham or beans or just the potato.