Monday, December 30, 2013
Best Easy Desert Recipe: Chocolate Dipped Oranges
Following up on my Christmas post yesterday, I want to share with y'all a real crowd pleaser of a recipe that I made four different times this past week. People raved about these little chocolate oranges. Which made me feel rather silly because they are ridiculously simple. You need to pin this or bookmark it because I promise you will want to make these in the near future. This is the perfect combination of sweet and tart and creamy and juicy and refreshing and decadent. As My Martha would say...It's a good thing!
Salted Chocolate Dipped Oranges
* Chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
* Clementines, peeled and segmented
* Salt (I used Kosher)
* Melt chocolate. I use a double boiler method because I have about a 70% failure rate when using the microwave. But use whatever method you prefer to get it melted.
* Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
* Dip tip of Clementines into chocolate and place on parchment paper. Do about four at a time and then sprinkle a few (and just a few) flakes of Kosher or sea salt on top of the chocolate. Continue doing four or five oranges in chocolate and the adding salt before the chocolate hardens.
* Pop baking sheet in fridge when finished to harden up.
* Enjoy. They will last as long as the oranges are good but I doubt they last more than a day because they are so good.
This afternoon you get a bonus orange recipe. I'm sure you're just biting your nails with anticipation...