* I feel so badly. I wrote this post because I was linking up to Kelly's blog. I wasn't in a bad head-space at the time or begging for anyone to feel sympathetic towards me. It's honestly how I feel every day. Sort of lingers in the back of my mind. But I promise I wasn't in a corner slitting my wrists and I never meant to worry anyone. I reached out to a few friends (including blog friends) who expressed concern but let me say it here too. I'm OK. I'm just trying to balance dreams and reality, and some days I do a better job than others.
* I was flipping channels on Saturday night before bed and saw the first five minutes of the movie Road Trip. It's the only five minutes I've ever seen. But it (or the campus scenes, anyway) was filmed at UGA while I was in school. I have lots of friends and sorority sisters who were extras. Bestie's hub was an extra, if I remember correctly. I can't recall why I wasn't an extra, though. I think I had class or Recruitment or something. Looking back, I totally should have blown off whatever it was. How fun would that be to be an extra in a movie?! Damn me for always being a goody two shoes!
* I need a hair cut something fierce. For over a decade my hair was super short. A few times as short as a pixie cut but those were times when I lost all sight of reality and the size of my giant head. So let's not linger on those mistakes. But my point is, it was short for as long as many people have known me. Then a year or two ago I sort of let it grow out to my shoulders. And people started complimenting me. No one ever compliments me so I sort of got excited and went with it. But now...it's verging on sister wife long. Not to mention, my hair is baby fine and straight as an arrow. So I need a cut. The problem is that I have no idea what style. I think I want to keep it long enough to wear in a pony tail for at least this next season. I sort of love having that option after a decade of not having that option. But beyond that requirement, I have no idea what to do. I don't think I want bangs. I've had them over and over and they honestly just bug me. I know I have a big forehead but I would rather that show and not be constantly annoyed with my bangs. Personal choice.
Anyway, if you have seen any cute haircuts lately that might work for me, please share them. Mention them here or send them to me via Pinterest or whatever. I need help!
* I've decided that as much as I try, I just don't love hot tea. I like it enough to drink it at someones home or at a tea party (something there should be more of in the world). But it sort of makes me have a dry mouth. Is that weird? Does anyone else feel this way?
* Just as an update, Bestie's babies are doing super duper awesome! Both are now over 6lbs and taking bottles. They are headed home very soon. If any of y'all are twin mommas, be sure to hop over to her blog to give her your best bit of advice. She is in for a wild ride!
* I love my little city. I could easily live in lots of other cities and states and be happy. Perhaps happier. But I am firm in my believe that this city is one of the most architecturally beautiful (and under-appreciated) in the country.
|Troy Iron Works|
* I used to have a Facebook page for this and my (currently and perhaps permanently on hiatus) coupon blog. I used it more for the other blog than this one. But it wasn't really working for me. So I closed down that one and finally started a page just for this blog. Right now I mostly just make a note of when I add a new post to the blog but I plan to use it more socially too.
* I'm sad that, for the most part, gardening season is coming to a close. I have had the best time this summer in my little community garden allotment. Even with all the bugs and pests and blight issues. I have the best tan I've ever had in my entire life, too. And I'm a Florida girl. I've learned so much and grown so much and shared so much.
* As much as I love living in a city, I sort of want to live on a farm. But a prissy hobby farm. Beekman Boys style. Is it weird that I crinkle my nose at the thought of living in a suburb but could easily picture myself in a city or farm setting? Don't worry...the chances of me ever actually living on a farm are slim to none. Though I do also have a fantasy of renovating an old barn into a contemporary home...
* And the update y'all have just been holding your breath for...the status of my artichoke plant. Well, we have had miserable weather here lately. A week-o-monsoons. And I will update tomorrow with all of the garden details. But my sweet little arty...is still going strong! She has THREE artichokes. The first one is like legit artichoke size. Or the size of the small ones they sell in the grocery store. It's so exciting. The second one is growing nicely too. And the third is the newest and not seen in this photo. I smile every time I see those little artichokes. I mean...I grew that! From seed. That's sort of awesome.