Sunday, August 25, 2013
I've seen similar recipes on various cooking shows and cookbooks but until this week, I'd never tasted pasta carbonara. So forgive me if this isn't the real deal. It's all I know and wow it is good!
Very simple and quick. Very very filling. Just good comfort food after a tough day.
* a box of your favorite pasta (they make really yummy gluten free pastas these days)
* 2 tbls butter
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup cream (I used half and half)
* 4-5 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
* 1 large tomato, diced (optional)
* salt and pepper to taste
* Cook your pasta according to box instructions.
* In a large pan, brown butter on medium.
* In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add to butter. Whisk together gently- do not boil or scramble eggs. Just allow to thicken into a sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
* Add bacon and eggs.
* Toss drained pasta into the sauce and serve immediately.