* I've decided that I need to recreate this dish I saw Guy eating on Food Network last night. Buttermilk pancakes layers with pulled pork, BBQ sauce, topped with butter and served with Jack Daniel's infused maple syrup. I do not even have words to describe my craving for this dish. I am fairly certain it would be nirvana on a plate.
* I've decided that y'all are crazy if you have not yet entered my Spring Giveaway! It's easy peasy lemon squeezy to enter and you get to pick from two completely awesome prizes. You don't even need to have a blog or follow my blog. So stop being silly...go forth and enter!
* I've decided that Smash was the best show of this season. I'm completely sad I have to wait four months to see the next episode. Does Ivy swallow the pills? Does the annoying little assistant turn into a full on Days of Our Lives demon character? Does the audience clap for Karen? Does Karen forgive Dev and better yet does she take him back (for the record...I wouldn't)? This show really is the secret love child of Broadway and Soap Opera. It's delicious!
* I've decided that this is going to be a tough summer for my fur baby. She's ten and while I tell her she's my baby about 400 times each day, the vet tells me she is considered old. I am nauseous just typing that. I get so offended when on a walk and someone asks me her age (common dog walk talk) and they comment that she is an old girl. I literally want to hit them. She does not do well in heat and humidity and gets to the point of not being able to walk well. As happy as I am to see summer warmth and sunshine, it makes me gasp a little to see how slow she walks and her low energy levels. Part of me actually misses winter as she acts about five years younger on a cold, dry day.
* I've decided that I am going to be better at taking little day trip adventures this summer. I am so centrally located to so many fun areas. But I just don't take advantage of my proximity as much as I should. This summer, I'm vowing to explore my region more.
* I've decided that Tervis Tumblers are worth every penny. I bought my first one last summer (I know, I'm like the last person on Earth) with my girls when we were in the Butler bookstore and have added two more to my collection since then. I want a few more. They are all I will use these day. I've never had a cup, including Tervis knock-offs, that keep drinks as cold for as long. Love!
* I've decided that age has helped me take things less personally. This is not to say I don't still take nearly everything personally- ha. But I am getting better and better when it comes to compartmentalizing situations. Why is someone reacting that way? Are they they really hating me or blaming me because I'm an easy target? If it's me, I own up to it and fix it. If I am the punching bag, I can honestly say I am doing a much better job of letting go. For me, this is big.
* I've decided that I love coloring my own hair. I can't believe I just said that! But it is so stinkin easy and never costs me more than a few bucks. Sometimes I can get color for free, depending on sales and coupons. But best of all is the freedom to color when I have time. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes at night. It takes less than 30 minutes start to finish if you include a shower. And I do, because I always take a shower afterwards. It takes me 80 minutes just to drive one way to my hairdresser. I will still go to her of course. But less often. It's just not practical when I am so happy with my at home results.